Physical Therapist Assistant PRN - Employee
Full Job Description
Assist with assessing, planning, implementing and documenting the patient’s physical therapy program under the direction and supervision of the physical therapist. Follow community guidelines, objectives and policies to maintain standards of treatment consistent with legal and accrediting requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
· Upon receiving PT screening request, review member, resident or patient’s current situation and screens individual for intervention.
· Communicate assessment/ screening results to member, resident or patient and appropriate family and/or staff.
· Complete required assessment/screening documentation.
· Plan appropriate therapeutic activities to meet member, resident and patient’s goals.
· Communicate treatment plan and goals to member, resident or patient and family.
· Communicate significant issues in treatment planning to PT on ongoing basis.
· Collaborate with health care team members to begin planning for appropriate and timely discharge or transfer.
· Demonstrate ability to prioritize treatment procedures according to member, resident or patient’s needs and MD requests.
· Implement interventions according to plan of care.
· Communicate purpose of treatment procedures to member, resident or patient/family according to level of understanding and modify plan accordingly.
· Communicate treatment plan/appropriate interventions with assistants, initially and ongoing.
· Communicate ongoing treatment issues with PT.
· Complete required documentation regarding daily intervention.
· Maintain confidentiality of resident, employee and facility information.
· Follow Resident’s Rights policies at all times maintaining privacy, confidentiality and respect.
· Ability to understand and comply with applicable Federal, State and local regulations as they apply to this job.
· Attend all required department and/or facility meetings.
· Adhere to applicable laws, rules, regulations and Code of Conduct directed by Corporate Compliance Program, conduct business using ethical standards, and report any suspect or actual event or circumstance to the Compliance Officer.
· Understand and comply with use and disclosure rules of resident Protected Health Information (PHI) as required by the HIPAA Privacy Rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
· Use the proper equipment for each job and report any missing or damaged equipment to supervisor immediately.
· Follow facility safety program, identify and report unsafe equipment, environment or procedures to supervisor.
· Assume accountability for data contained in the employee handbook.
· Observe all facility policies and procedures.
· Perform any other related duties as directed by supervisor.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
· Must be a graduate of an accredited PTA program.
· Must hold a valid Texas license to practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant..
Job Type: Part-time
- Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
- Associate (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Required)
- Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (Required)
Work Location: One location